Real Madrid talks!
Cascais, Portugal, May 16 (EFE).-
Portuguese soccer club Benfica’s manager Jose Mourinho said on Saturday that he was likely to enter into talks with Real Madrid next week, following initial contacts between its president, Florentino Perez and his agent, Jorge Mendes.

In a press conference from the Antonio Coimbra da Mota Stadium, in Cascais, in the metropolitan area of Lisbon, after Benfica’s victory against Estoril (1-3), Mourinho reiterated that he had not received any proposals from Real Madrid and only preliminary talks had taken place.
The Portuguese coach stressed that he had not spoken to Perez or anyone from the Real Madrid structure, but the club and his agent Jorge Mendes had been in touch, which was likely to result in direct contacts between him and the Spanish club in the coming week.

While he does not have any offer from Real Madrid yet, he has been presented with a contract renewal offer from Benfica, which he claimed he had not yet seen or reviewed.
In September last year, Mourinho signed a contract with Benfica valid until 2027, but that includes a period of ten days after the end of the current term for both parties to evaluate whether they want to continue the relationship.

“I need time, I need space, I need time to make my decision and this week I think is going to be very important,” he said.
The coach from the Portuguese town of Setubal spent three seasons at the Santiago Bernabeu from 2010 to 2013, during which he won a LaLiga, a Copa del Rey and a Spanish Super Cup. EFE mc/sc

